- Qunatifying heterogeneity in dengue transmission dynamics and control. NIH
- The eco-evolutionary dynamics of insecticide resistance in Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. Ministry of Education of Mexico and Emory Global Health Institute.
- Urban Ecology of West Nile Virus in Atlanta, GA. Emory Global Health Institute.
- Macro-ecology of Infectious Diseases. NSF and NIH
Goal of theVazquez-Prokopec Lab
- Our research focuses on four major vector-borne diseases of global health importance (Chagas disease, West Nile virus, dengue virus and malaria) and aims to answer the following questions:
- How spatial heterogeneity and land-use patterns in urban and rural ecosystems determine patterns of vector distribution and pathogen transmission?
- What is the contribution of host and vector movement to the dynamics of pathogen transmission?
- By identifying how vector borne diseases are distributed and maintained, how can we develop improved vector control and surveillance strategies?